Top 10 Georgian TV Channels
According to the data provided by Tri Media Intelligence, during the month of October 2017, compared to October 2016, the average general viewership of TV channels (average number of viewers per 1 minute) declined by 9.37%.
As reported by the Georgian National Communications Commission, within the above period, the viewership of Georgian channels declined by 21.23%, while viewership of foreign channels and those owned by cable operators increased by 26.67%.
In October 2017, the share of the audience of Georgian channels at the market also reduced and constituted 65.5%, while in October 2016 this figure made 75%. In the same periods, the share of the audience of foreign cable channels increased: in October 2016, their share was 25% and in October 2017, their share was 34.5%.
In October 2017, compared to October 2016, the audience of top 10 Georgian channels has declined by 21.16%. the share of the audience of the top 10 Georgian channels at the market has changed as followed:
- The share of Imedi TV increased from 23.4 to 26%;
- Rustavi 2’s share declined from 25% to 18.2%;
- Comedy TV’s share declined from 5.1% to 3.5%;
- The share of GDS TV increased from 3% to 3.4%;
- The Public Broadcaster’s share decreased from 2.5% to 2%;
- Maestro’s share decreased from 4% to 0.7%;
- Marao’s share declined from 1.9% to 1.7%;
- The share of TV Pirveli increased from 1.2% to 1.8%;
- Silk Universal’s share increased from 0.9% to 2%;
- Palitra News’ share increased from 0.6% to 0.8%.