Georgia’s TOP investor companies
The volume of Foreign Direct Investments made in Georgia in Q1 2018 made 279.3 USD, which is 32.9% less than the preliminary data Q 2017.
Georgia’s TOP 20 investor companies are:
- Mtkvari Energy, Ltd. – energy supply, distribution, sales, electricity production
- Heidelberg Cement Caucasus, Ltd. – construction products, construction and real estate
- IDS Borjomi – production of mineral waters and other soft drinks
- Magricom, Ltd. – mobile communication operator
- kazTransGaz-Tbilisi, Ltd. – gas distribution companies
- GIG (Georgian Industrial Group) – enterprise management, investment companies, holding companies
- Poti Sea Port – services for sea port and transportation-expedition agencies
- JSC RMG Copper – energy, energy resources and extractable resources
- RMG Gold, Ltd. – energy, energy resources and extractable resources
- BP Group – energy transportation and fuel supply
- Georgian Manganese, Ltd. - energy, energy resources and extractable resources, construction products, construction and real estate
- Toyota Caucasus. Ltd. – vehicle business, distribution
- Permanent Branch of 23rd Bureau of the Chinese Railway, Ltd. – construction products, construction and real estate
- Acharistskali Georgia, Ltd. – energy, energy resources and extractable resources, finances
- Georgian Branch of ENKA İnşaat ve Sanayi A.Ş. – construction products, construction and real estate
- Georgian Branch of Azfen JV – construction
- JSC Hualing international special economic zone – Hualing Special Economic Zone – trade, investment services, hotel
- Georgian Tourism Development Fund, Ltd. – co-investment fund, tourism fund
- JSC Georgia Healthcare Group – pharmaceuticals
- Aliud Unitas Georgia, Ltd. – gambling
The companies are not arranged according to their ranking.
GeoStat explains reduction of investments with two reasons:
“Among the main reasons for reduction notable is transfer of several Georgian enterprises into the ownership of residents of Georgia, also the reduction of liabilities to non-resident direct investors (repayment of loan liability),” – state GeoStat representatives.
Forbes inquired about the companies that were excluded from the list of TOP companies.
In the same period of last year, Geocel wasthe TOP 10 list of investor companies of Georgia, but by the end of March, the company was officially transferred to the ownership of Silknet Company. As a result, the company is no more on the list of foreign investor companies. Silknet acquired Geocel early this year. The value of the deal was 153 mln USD.
TAV Urban Georgia also has been removed from the TOP 10 list since last year. However, ownership of the company has not changed. Rakeen has also been removed from the list, however, this company has not registered as a resident, either. Another company, that was not included into this year’s list is Mining Investments, Ltd.. the company operated in the energy sector. Unlike last year’s TOP 10 list, CEFC, Ltd. (Eurasian) and Old City. Ltd. were not included into the TOP 20 list.