Based on GeoStat updated information, the volume of Foreign Direct Investment made in Georgia in 2017 was 1888.8 mln USD, which is 20,6% more than in 2016 and 1,4% more than the preliminary data for 2017.
Last year in Georgia, the biggest investment was made by the following companies:
- Rakeen Uptown Development, Ltd. – construction production, construction and real estate, clothes, and accessories;
- IDS Borjomi Georgia – production of mineral waters and other soft drinks;
- BP Group – energy transportation and fuel supply;
- Magticom, Ltd. – mobile communication operator;
- JSC EnergoPro Georgia – electric power generation, distribution;
- Georgian Manganese, Ltd. – energy, energy and extractable resources, construction products, construction and real estate;
- JSC Metro Avrasya Georgia – construction, real estate, transport, and shipping;
- Georgian affiliate of ENKA İnşaat ve Sanayi A.Ş. – construction of oil and gas pipelines, renovation;
- Tourism Development Fund of Georgia, Ltd. – Tourism Fund of Co-investment Fund;
- JSC EnergoPro Georgia Generation – electric power generation, distribution.
The list of the above companies isn’t arranged according to the volume of investments made by them. Also, GeoStat doesn’t disclose the information about the specific amount of investment made by the above companies within the accounting period.