According to the 2017 preliminary data of GeoStat, the total turnover of accommodation and food supply enterprises exceeded 1.5 bln GEL. Of this amount, 712.1 mln GEL was the turnover of hotels and other types of short-term accommodation, while the turnover of food and beverage supply companies made 847.4 mln GEL.
Based on the information, provided to Forbes by GeoStat, the largest companies operating in hotel and restaurant business by turnover are:
- GMT Hotels, Ltd. – hotels sector
- Dhabi Group Georgia, Ltd. – hotels sector
- T&K Restaurants, Ltd. – restaurants and mobile catering service activities
- M|Group – restaurants and mobile catering service activities
- Achara+, Ltd. – hotels and accommodation type facilities with restaurants
- Elfi, Ltd. – food services and other activities
- Tourinvest, Ltd. – hotels sector
- Georgian Hotel management, Ltd. – hotels sector
- State Food Provision, Ltd. – food provision for events
- Machakhela-Samikitno, ltd. – restaurants and mobile catering service activities
The above companies are not arranged according to ranking.
According to the preliminary data, last year in the hotel and restaurant sector, 89.9 mln USD foreign direct investment was made. The biggest FDI was made in the following companies:
- GMT Hotels, Ltd.
- Tourinvest, Ltd.
- Georgian Hotel Management, Ltd.
- Nest League PVT, Ltd.
- Batumi Tower, Ltd.
- D.S. Estate, Ltd.
- Georgian Tourism Development Fund, Ltd.
- Active Batumi, Ltd.
- Mersin Tourism, Ltd.
- Kervan Tourism, Ltd.
The companies are not arranged according to ranking.