In Georgia, the biggest share in business sector turnover structure is of trade, processing and construction fields. As of QIII 2017, the volume of business sector turnover grew by 19,7%, compared to similar data of previous year and made 18,6 mln GEL.
As to the turnover of Georgia’s largest companies, three of them are state owned enterprises – Telasi, ESCO and Georgian Railway.
The list of largest companies is dominated by oil companies – 6 out of top 20. Besides, the rating includes two enterprises dealing with gaming. Energy sector is also among the leaders.
Three of the largest companies are also on the list of the largest employer companies in Georgia – Energo PRO Georgia, Georgian Manganese and Georgian Railway.
The top 20 list, which derives from Geostat turnover rates, doesn’t include banking and insurance sector. Besides, the list is not arranged according to the rating of the companies and Geostat doesn’t disclose information on specific turnover figures of the companies in the accounting period.
The top 20 companies are:
- Georgian Manganese, Ltd. – production of cast iron, steel and ferro alloys;
- JSC Energo PRO Georgia – hydropower production;
- JSC Telasi – energy distribution;
- JSC Electric Energy System Commercial Operator (ESCO) – energy distribution;
- ENKA Insaat ve Sanaiy A.S Branch in Georgia – construction of distribution engineering facilities;
- Toyota Caucasus, Ltd. – new and secondhand cars wholesale;
- DGI, Ltd. – tobacco products wholesale;
- PSP Pharma, Ltd. – pharmaceuticals wholesale;
- SOCAR Georgia Gas, Ltd. – natural gas wholesale;
- Majid Al Futtaim Hypermarkets Georgia (Carrefour) – non-specialized retail shops, mainly food, beverages and tobacco products;
- SOCAR Georgia Petroleum, Ltd. – petroleum retail;
- Rompetrol Georgia, Ltd. – petroleum retail;
- JSC VISOL Petroleum Georgia – petroleum retail;
- Lukoil Georgia, Ltd. – petroleum retail;
- JSC GEPHA – pharmaceuticals retail;
- JSC Georgian Railway – railway cargo transport;
- Sun Petroleum Georgia, Ltd. – petroleum retail;
- Magticom Ltd. – wireless communications;
- Chempionebi 111, Ltd. (europe-bet) – gaming;
- Superbeti 2014, Ltd. (Christal-bet, Lider-bet) – gaming.