Several important meetings for the world economy are scheduled for this week. Interesting statistical data is also expected to be published. Here is a short list of them:
– The President of the European Central Bank Christine Lagarde will deliver a speech. As a rule, each of its statements is important for investors, because the short-term interest rates set by the European Central Bank have the greatest impact on the euro.
– The EU should also make an announcement of a renewed unemployment rate, which is one of the main indicators of the impact of the pandemic on the population of Europe. In addition, Japan will publish an updated unemployment rate.
– In the Eurozone, Eurostat will also present a new report on consumer expectations, which is one of the most important documents for forecasting inflation.
– Data on “business confidence” will be published separately in Spain. This data is crucial for analyzing the economic situation in the country.
– In addition, the data of the second quarter of GDP in the UK and the US will be also known.
– Updated data on retail sales will be published in Germany and Spain.
– As for South Korea, the trade balance for September will be published in this country.
– Finally, the first presidential debates of the US presidential candidates (Donald Trump and Joe Biden) will be held on 29th of September. The US election will have an impact not only on the economy of this country, but also on the global economy in the future, which is why many investors will be focused on this event.