Rome’s Colosseum has been named the world’s most popular attraction for the second consecutive year, according to new traveler booking data from TripAdvisor. The famed arena was closely followed by the Louvre Museum in Paris, and the Vatican in Rome on the list of can’t miss sites for travelers.
While European attractions dominated the top ten, two new American destinations made this year’s list in addition to the Statue of Liberty: New Orleans’ French Quarter and the Skydeck Chicago at the Willis Towercame in at number seven and nine, respectively. San Francisco’s Golden Gate Bridge, ranked number 7 last year, did not make this year’s global top ten.
Here are TripAdvisor’s most booked attractions in the world for 2019, and tour suggestions for your next trip:
1. Colosseum, Rome, Italy
2. Louvre Museum, Paris, France
3. Vatican Museums, Rome, Italy
4. Statue of Liberty, New York City, United States
5. Eiffel Tower, Paris, France
6. Basilica of the Sagrada Familia, Barcelona, Spain
7. French Quarter, New Orleans, United States
8. Anne Frank House, Amsterdam, Netherlands
9. Skydeck Chicago – Willis Tower, Chicago, United States
10. Piazza San Marco, Venice, Italy