In 2017, Georgia’s import amounted to 7 979.4 mln USD, which is 9,4% more than in 2016.
In 2017, number one of the top ten import products, was oil and oil products – 696.6 mln USD which made 8,7% of total import. Second largest group was motorcar import group with 474.4 mln USD and accordingly equaled to 5,9% of total import. The third position was held by oil gas goods group. Import of this group amounted to 350.4 mln USD, which was 4,4% of total export.
According to the information provided to Forbes by the Georgian Statistics Department, Georgia’s top 10 importing companies are:
- JSC GPC – pharmacies, import of pharmaceutical products;
- JCS PSP Pharma – pharmacies’ network;
- Socar Georgia Petroleum, Ltd. – trade of oil and oil products;
- Rompetrol Georgia, Ltd. – trade of oil and oil products;
- Lukoil Georgia, Ltd. – trade of oil and oil products;
- Alta, Ltd. – trade of computer hardware, video-audio equipment and home appliances;
- Georgian Manganese, Ltd. – mining of manganese; mining and processing of extractable resources; production of ferroalloy materials and steel;
- Toyota Caucasus and Central Asia, Ltd. – trade of motorcars;
- Sun Petroleum Georgia (Gulf), Ltd. – trade of oil and oil products;
- Caucasian Metals Terminal, Ltd. – cargo shipment and storage services.
Company lists, provided by the Georgian Statistics Department are not arranged according to the ratings of the companies. Besides, Geostat doesn’t disclose information on specific volumes imported by the companies.დატოვე კომენტარი