The distance driven by each governor in 2017-2018 is on average equal to twice the circumference of Earth.
Information presented in this document was gathered by IDFI through freedom of information requests that were sent to nine regional governor administrations, requesting public information about the state vehicles and fuel expense in 2017-2018.
According to survey:
– Nine regional governor administrations own 78 vehicles, 49% of which are high-performance, and 46% are assigned to specific official or employee.
– All regional governors use Toyota Land Cruisers, most of which were gifted to governor administrations free of charge.
– 73% of vehicles owned by governor administrations were not purchased with their budgets and they were transferred free of charge from other public institutions
– On August 21, 2015, Deputy Governor of Kvemo Kartli region appealed to Rustavi Mayor to transfer a vehicle purchased for GEL 71,373 on the same day from the municipal budget to the governor administration.
– In 2017-2018, the monthly fuel limits of governor administrations varied from 700 to 1,500 liters.
– In 2017-2018, 7 governors spent a total of 132,208 liters of fuel
– There is strong evidence to suggest that in 208 Guria governor administration exceeded its fuel consumption limit.
– In 2017-2018, 7 governors drove 750 thousand kilometers in total, averaging at 52.5 thousand kilometers in 2017, and 54.7 in 2018.
– The distance driven by each governor in 2017-2018 is on average equal to twice the circumference of Earth.
– In 2017-2018, vehicles assigned to governors drove an average of 150 kilometers per day including weekends, and 215 kilometers per working day excluding weekends.
– In 2017-2018, the average fuel consumption per 100 kilometers of vehicles assigned to governors ranged from 15 to 19.83 litersდატოვე კომენტარი